Training camp Bogotá
|Start date||Finish date|
Looking for another date? Go private!
Any scheduled tour can be made private. Your group, your preferred dates.
Arrival to Bogotá. We will pick you up from the airport and transfer you to the hotel where you will stay for the next five nights. That evening will go over the tour logistics, safety and assemble your bike.
The first day usually brings a unique challenge. Bogotá sits at 2600 metres (8500 feet) and it typically takes at least a day for people to acclimatize to this altitude. The ride itself includes some interesting section of dirt road and a 26 kilometre climb. Distance: 105 kilometres Altitude gain: 2300 metres
Another day, another hill to climb. Thankfully for this stage you are constantly rewarded with spectacular views of the mountains and valleys in the region. Distance: 120 kilometres Altitude gain: 3000 metres
Today’s ride is often described as the crux of the tour. Your legs and lungs have acclimatized to the riding of the past two days. Now is your chance to test your stamina and perseverance as your climb to 3400 metres above sea level. Distance: 85 kilometres Altitude gain: 2500 metres
Our last day is often received as the most satisfying. There are a number of smaller climbs that add up to a big number peppered with some thrilling descents. Our stop podium for the day will be a local restaurant where we celebrate with food and drinks. Distance: 125 kilometres Altitude gain: 3200 metres ft
On our final we will help you box your bike, transport you back to the the airport, or help you with any local arrangements you may have.
- 5 Nights based on double accommodation
- 5 Breakfasts
- Assistance before and during your trip to solve all the travel related doubts you may have
- Detailed trip information
- Professionally trained guides
- Support during the entire route
- Transportation and luggage transfer during the trip
- Airplane tickets
- Bicycle and equipment. Bicycle hire is available
- Alcoholic beverages
- Single accommodation
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Optional activities not scheduled
- Gratuities for your guides may be given at your discretion in response to their professionalism and leadership. Industry standard is for each individual guest to tip the guide team 5-10% of the trip price.