|Start date||Finish date|
Looking for anther date? Go private!
Any scheduled tour can be made private. Your group, your preferred dates.
We will pick you up at your hotel in Bogotá for the transfer to Villa de Leyva. Depending on traffic the journey time is around three to three and a half hours. We will leave Bogotá in the morning to allow time for everyone to enjoy Villa de Leyva’s unique atmosphere. Our hotel for the evening is located steps away from the cobblestone square. There are endless restaurants to choose from, all of which have fantastic cuisine.
Our first day or riding will take us deep into an unspoiled landscape. Over the course of 30 kilometres we will move from an arid desert to lush green mountains. There are a handful of climbs but no extreme gradients. We will get our first taste of altitude as we rise from 2100 metres to just shy of 3000 metres. Our day ends with a fantastic descent where we will arrive in a countryside with fantastic food.
Start the day with a super fun downhill and couple of punchy short climbs to keep things interesting. About 15km into the ride we reach a short section stretch of gravel road which is passable on a road bike with care. At the 55km mark we encounter the climb of the day. We will rise 60km from the valley floor. At time the climb will feel like it will never end but at every turn you have the opportunity to rest and enjoy the incredible escarpment landscape.
We will start the ride early to give us plenty of time to make our way back to Bogotá. The ride will trace secondary roads through country that is principally devoted to potato farming. The day would be best described as a rollercoaster with three middle sized climbs along the Savanna. The day ends back in the hustle and bustle of Bogotá which will be a dramatic change from the slow pace that you will have experienced during the tour. .
We will transfer you to the airport with a lifetime of stories about the mountains and the people of Colombia
- 3 Nights based on single accommodation
- 3 Breakfasts
- 2 Lunches
- Assistance before and during your trip to solve all the travel related doubts you may have
- Detailed trip information
- Professionally trained guides
- Support during the entire route
- Transportation and luggage transfer during the trip
- Alcoholic beverages
- Airfare and transportation to and from the trip pick-up/drop-off locations
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Optional activities not scheduled
- Gratuities for your guides may be given at your discretion in response to their professionalism and leadership. Industry standard is for each individual guest to tip the guide team 5-10% of the trip price.